Morning snacks are my ritual as I tend to wake up early, and by 11:00 am, I look forward to sitting and enjoying a coffee cup with a small treat. This recipe is perfect with milk or coffee. A straightforward cookie recipe that is relatively less in calories than the store-bought ones, it is also customizable to any taste or occasion.
From the photos, you will notice that the cookies are a bit brownish; I like to bake with coconut sugar; it is a healthy natural option that adds a lovely color and unique aroma to my sweet bakes. I will share my top favorite type at the end of the article. I want to note here that is an amazon affiliation link, for which I will get a small share of the profit at abosuletly no additional cost for you.
Oil-based vs. butter-based cookies
In this batch, I used vegetable oil, and it gave me the same flavor and result as when I used butter in previous batches. I guarantee you will be able to mix and shape this recipe in half an hour.
- 2 eggs with little vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil, coconut oil adds a nice flavor here.
- 1 cup of your preferred sugar ( I used coconut sugar)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- Heat the oven at medium temperature while preparing the cookies.
- Prepare the pans with parchment papers on top.
- Mix the wet ingredients first, then start adding the sugar, flour, and baking powder.
- Once the dough is formed, you can roll between 2 parchment papers or plastic wrap
- Then cut the shape you desire with a cookies cutter or any round shape you have; check the end of the post for the link to my favorite brand.
- Another method is to use the cookie press maker and check the article’s end for the link to my favorite brand.
- Once pans are filled with cookies, bake for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove to cool down; you can serve it or fill it with your favorite chocolate spread, jam, or any else.
Check the photo for inspirations; it is worth noting that the cookies are mild in sweetness as I used chocolate spread for filling; if you intend to serve without filling, I suggest adding two tablespoons extra sugar.
Follow my Instagram page https://www.instagram.com/bake.2.meditate/ for the full video
If you are looking for a cookie press set, check this one
This is my favorite coconut sugar
This is the easiest handy cookie set
P.S: the above are amazon affiliate links, I am an amazon associate and I will get a tiny portion of the sale profit at no additional cost for you. It is the only way I can manage to develop my website content.
2 thoughts on “Easy Cookies Recipe”
These look so pretty and delicious! I bought some adorable cookie cutters and I’ve been on the lookout for recipes 🙂
Hope you’ll try the recipe 🥰
LikeLiked by 1 person